Friday 5 February 2010

The terrorists are winning.





Just because some things aren't rational does not automatically deem them purposeless. Some examples include but are not restricted to nylon designer purses, pre-ripped jeans, and that shake weight they always advertise on TV. The first two are overpriced for no apparent reason, but seem to piss off hipsters, therefore making them worth their weight in gold. And lets face it, the shake weight just looks like an aerobic hand job. Considering the unexplainable rage I have towards the PBR wielding ones, and I would gladly look like a fool for considerably toned arms, I have no argument against those specific tools of consumerism. However, there are exceptions to this rule, most of which can be found on the kittyhell website. I have no personal vendetta against Hello Kitty, nor wish to have the spare time to do so. It's cute, it's cheery, and until some homeless man wearing a Hello Kitty mask robs the Drexel 7-11, will continue to have no qualms with it.

I understand the lucrative aspects of taking an image and totally bastardizing it or its original purpose. I usually applaud those soulless efforts, but the vast majority of the items on this website are bat shit crazy. The psychological impact of giving your kids play Hello Kitty sushi will only transform itself into thousands of wasted dollars on therapy a couple years down the road. I can't even bring myself to post some of the more vulgar things I found on that site. However, if I ever black out and feel the immediate necessity of a Jesus tattoo, I can only hope it has some elements of Hello Kitty within it. The same goes for the Hello Kitty chainsaw. If I ever completely lose my mind and decide to take down Nesbitt...I mean a few old trees, I can only pray it's a bedazzled Hello Kitty one. It would only be fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment