Sunday 24 January 2010

Work it, I'm a free bitch baby


I've given the subject too much thought and after several venn diagrams, excel spreadsheets and MASH games, I have decided that I want to be Lady Gaga when I grow up. It beat out designer, doctor, and coke whore. Barely. Since I already own a leotard (damn you Europe) I figure all that's left is to dye my hair blonde and stop eating. Due to my undying loyalty to breakfast sandwiches, there is no way I could prioritize being a pop star over bacon and will probably give up this dream within the next few hours. However, I am entirely serious when I say both her music and music videos are amazing. Pokerface and especially Bad Romance are some of the best pieces of mainstream contemporary art for my generation. Right up there with the photobooth application for Mac. (OMGZ, I'm totally sepia. Profile pic!)
I don't doubt that a decade from now those videos will be featured on some shitty VH1 countdown about 2009, saying how ridiculous or contrived it was. My argument is that they tried to do that to the 90's and flannel. Well guess what, I still fucking love flannel.

Anyway, unless you live underneath some sort of rock/glacial formation you have seen the Bad Romance video and are undoubtedly in awe of her shoes. Well, it turns out Gaga's footwear is all part of Alexander McQueen's spring 2010 line. While I would usually be mad that something I like is actually just a thinly veiled attempt at viral advertising, I think I'll just appreciate both for what they are. Whether or not the shoes are wearable is another subject, but once again I'm not in a position to judge. I lost that right the first time I set foot on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment