Sunday 12 September 2010

HBO doldrums


Because there are only so many Ke$ha (the patron saint of underage drinking) music videos to distract me from how truly terrible the True Blood season finale was, I thought I'd post instead. First of all, I have never liked Bill and Sookie as characters. Bill has little to no personality, and tends to cry blood at inopportune times. The whole "southern gentleman" thing is throwing me off as well. You can't wear a denim shirt and leather jacket, speak like an undead colonel sanders, and then expect to be taken seriously. I also think he's using Sookie as a beard to get to Eric. He obviously has a thing for blondes, and if anyone had to choose between the Norse G-d Alexander Skarsgard and friggin' Rogue from X-Men, he's going to hands down go for the viking. Anna Paquin's (Sookie's) best role was in Fly Away Home, when she flies cross country with her dad to lead a bunch of geese across the border or something. It was one of my favorite movies as a small child, given my awkward relationship with random animals that tended to turn up in our yard.

The Entourage season finale was much better, even though I stopped caring about the show after season 4. What that show is for males is what Sex and The City is for women. Sure both shows have their witty moments, but all of the characters own self-importance is tiring. I wonder what would happen if they all met each other. None of the Entourage guys would touch Carrie with a 10 foot pole. Drama would probably fuck Samantha and get a rare and incurable social disease. Vince would probably be really high and tweaking out in the bathroom, previously unaware that women over the age of 25 exist, and haven't been taken out behind some barn Lassie execution-style. However, I could never speak ill of Ari Bloom. That man is a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment