Friday 5 November 2010

Even after all my bitching I stil listen to the song.


I don't know how I feel about Rihanna's and Eminem's second installment to Love the Way You Lie. It was in poor taste for Rihanna to agree to the first song after the whole Chris Brown fiasco, but I realize the flashing dollar sign is more of an incentive than fleeting morality. However, to do a second one is fucked up, especially from the subservient and masochistic girlfriends point of view.

One line stuck with me in particular:

but you’ll always be my hero/ even though you’ve lost your mind.

I am in no way, shape, or form a feminist, but didn't he talk about tying you to a bed and setting the house on fire? That's not romantic- that's called settling.

Whether she likes it or not, Rihanna is a twisted role model for some poor schmuck out there in an abusive relationship. And that schmuck is probably making this song her anthem, and latching onto some clandestine excuse as to why she should stay in her fucked up misery. Because now it can be poetically associated with martyrdom thanks to a white rapper and some chick wearing hot pants. A million thank you's.

I wonder if they'll bring back Megan Fox and Domenic Monaghan back for the second video, although I was puzzled as to why she would be taking abuse from a hobbit. She has dealt with far, far worse. (Autobots anyone?)


At least I have Adam Lambert for a role model. If you haven't been so blessed to see the "If I Had You" video you must you tube it right now. It's gay Twilight on speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment